Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rosaries, Rosaries and More Rosaries!

Friday was the feast day of Our Lady of the Rosary. A day where I witnessed so many miracles of faith, hope, love, healing, perseverance, patience, humility and the list can go on and on. Three lives were saved at the abortion clinics.
Recently, I've been getting nudged by God to take a step further in evangelization. Nudged to not be afraid to talk to others about God and his mercy. I feel that God has given me the courage I needed to straight up talk to people about confession and seeking God's forgiveness and mercy. It's hard talking to random strangers about God and try to evangelize them and fight for their souls. Doing what you can so they don't fall into the sin of abortion.
I know that God has revealed this special grace to me because I literally could not believe the words that were coming out of my mouth on Friday. I was speaking words that only the Holy Spirit could ever say. And I definitely felt the Holy Spirit flow through my mouth and gave me chills the whole morning.

So what made me meditate on all this? Easy answer.

Praying the Rosary.

For the past year, I've been getting from 1-3 packages a month in the mail full of rosaries from people from all over the country. The original purpose of these rosaries was to give them out to women and men we sidewalk counsel at the abortion clinic.
These past few days, God has challenged me for more. I always end up with tons of rosaries in my purse, so I figured that I need to step it up, and give rosaries to people and encourage them to pray.
Story:
A lady walking by on the street walked right by me (at the abortion clinic) and looked at the image of Our Lady of Guadalupe and a picture of an 8 week baby in the womb. She stopped for a few seconds and said hi. She looked at the baby with a lot of pain in her eyes and said, "They abort them and here are others," (almost pointing at herself), "who struggle to have a child." I asked her if she was Catholic and she said yes. All I could tell her was to keep praying and not lose hope. I gave her a rosary and a "How to Pray the Rosary" pamphlet.

Moral of this blog:
God has given me the tools and it's my mission to get others to pray the Rosary.
What I learned: don't suppress the promptings of the Holy Spirit.


No comments: